Keep fighting spirit.Enjoy the life everyday!

6/11/2007

Say Goodbye to Schneider-Electric

At about two o'clock this afternoon, right after the starting ring of class, I received a message from Chen Cong that he is accepted by Schneider just a minute before, I suddenly became very nervous, expecting my phone to vibrate, ten minutes passed, the phone showed no reaction at all, then I came to know that I was eliminated from the list. How frustrated and depressed….

My mind went back to that day in that room, we applicants seated around the table, discussing which should be put on the top of the surviving list and which in the bottom. My reaction was horrible enough to scare everyone in that room, but I didn't realize that until back in Shanghai. I stick to my point all the time with a very very loud voice like arguing with enemy in the street, I was fulfilled with concepts like basing on the truth and logical thinking, which I had learned in BBY before that discussion. As everyone could imagine, I showed a personality without cooperation sense and an impression of hard to work with. But after performing so badly, I still thought they may provide me an offer, what an irrational idiot…

The professor taught us human resources once told us that 90% of people tend to be over confident, now I think he is right. When I was still in primary school, I used to have exactly the same feeling as I do now. There were about 50 students in my class, and I felt I could rank top 10 after the final exams, because I was NO.7 in the former semester. I will never forget the day when we went back to school for the results. My home was about 10 miles away from the school, and there were no bus between them, I got up very early in the morning to walk to school. Usually it was a long way which I hated so much that I always hoped there would be a bus soon, but on that day, 10 miles seemed like just a hundred meters. I could even felt the smell of the flowers on the sides of the road which I never noticed before. All these differences were just because I took for granted that I would get awards from the principal after I arrived in school.

I was a little late when I arrived there, all the students had already seated in a square, and the principal was speaking with a microphone. I found my position, waiting quietly for my prize, then that's how it happened. When I was waiting there with a big smile in my heart, a classmate turned back and said some words with a low voice shocked me like heavy thunder in a sunny day. "You're the last third." These words almost broke my heart like four bullets right at the target. I felt a blank brain and even unable to stand stable, all surroundings started getting away from me and even myself stopped existing in the world at the moment….
It took me a summer to recover from the depression and I learned my first life lesson: the more we expect, the greater we may get hurt, so never take things from granted without considering relative facts like how much we have contributed.

No comments: