Keep fighting spirit.Enjoy the life everyday!

6/02/2007

Welcome Back, My Dear Blog

When I turned on my computer this morning, my blog was back, it can be opened again, what a happy time :)

I went back to BBY this afternoon, we talked about the problems we are accounting with and Walden gave each a solution direction. I presented a question: If there are two intern offers, one is top3 in the industry, the other rank 6 to 10, which one is preferable? The truth is if you choose the former, all your could learn is just a little part of the whole industry because of the labor division, if you choose the latter, maybe it will be easier for you to learn more about the real business of the industry, when it comes to pursuing a full time job, the former has advantage for better reputation, but the latter may provide more stories to tell when interview. Walden’s solution was identical to my own analysis, we should first figure out which function or department interest us more, that means what is you really want! If the industry and function is fixed, then the problem gets easy. Actually I haven’t got many offers till now, I just think that it’s very possible to get one if I really want it. So what I am facing now is just to locate my target, and then do my best to get it, that’s always the way we do things right, isn’t it?

We always complain that we don’t have too much time to finish our works or things we want to do. But if we do a simple summary, count the time we spent on doing things and hesitating what to do or how to do, we will find that most of the time is wasted on hesitating. We always attempt to get 100% ready before starting doing something because we want to accomplish perfect. The results of pursuing perfect always end with chaotic or lower product. Walden gave us a vivid simple example to explain how we should learn or do something. We don’t have to be 100% ready to start, we just do it while preparing at the same time, we practice while learning, to make it simpler: we learn by doing! We won’t learn how to use Excel by practice on the computer after reading out the whole text book, we will practice it on the computer right after reading some new commands.

I will resume my ICP research; I know I may not have time to do it after this semester.

No comments: