Keep fighting spirit.Enjoy the life everyday!

7/16/2007

First Day at Work

Get up at 7:20, arrived at xingzhuang station at 8, there were so many people, all office workers, carrying breakfast and newspaper, I couldn’t get in the train when I got to the waiting line, so I wait about 5 minutes and took the next one. It was about 9 when I got out of the station of people square, Song and Jenny were waiting for me at the end of Nanjing Road, we arrived in the office at 9:30 as planned. Song had worked there two days last week; she started her work right after in the office. Didier is my director and I was given some materials about the company like quality assurance documents and logistics protocols, I read those documents quite fast, almost no questions, then at about 12, My director invited me to have lunch in a restaurant underground, ordered Chinese food, not very good, just so so.
In the first two hours of the afternoon, I really got nothing to do, so I reviewed those document materials, after that, I asked my director if there is any other materials I can read. He asked me to a meeting room, and then started to assign tasks to me. He has an accent, so I didn’t understand all what he said. Just caught that he wants me to integrate the information of all the suppliers and make a database using excel, he also introduced to me the product board again, asked me to make some improvements, replace the paper labels with magnetic labels, tomorrow there will be a supplier coming to the office to amend the board.
After the assignment, I got my laptop from the IT guy, and then started to wonder how I can start my tasks tomorrow, he said so much but I caught just some…at about 6:30, the off work time we were told, Song was still sticking on her work, I was actually very hungry at that time, but I thought it may be not appropriate to leave the office without the permission of my director, so I waited for it. when it came to 7, most staff had already gone, my boss still mentioned nothing about my leaving, but another employee said we could go home earlier because we got less paid than our boss, so we don’t have to stay so later in the office. I couldn’t stick anymore, so I cleaned my desk, put off my laptop, said goodbye to everyone, then asked Song and Jenny leaving together.
Arrived at home at about 8:30, really so tired now. Ok, that’s all for today.

No comments: