Keep fighting spirit.Enjoy the life everyday!

8/05/2007

Week Review

Last week was my third week in Valeo. On Monday, Michelle telephoned Song to have four days training in SVES, a manufacture site of electrical branch of Valeo in Shanghai, it was in Pudong district, about five minutes walk away from the Zhangjiang High Tech Station. Pang doesn't get much work to do, so the training was initially arranged only for her, actually I wanted to go to the manufactory very much, I thought maybe I could understand more about the process of the product in the manufactory. But I had other assignments and Song is in different function area from me. In the afternoon, I showed to my director my initial results, the check list of the folder contents of all suppliers, we discussed about it and he gave me some suggestions, he will be on vacation from this week till the third week of August, which means I get another week I can't get immediate feedback about my work. He needs a English version Chinese map, I went to Fuzhou Road, Shanghai's biggest art tool and book market, unfortunately, I didn' get a suitable map, those sold in stores are neither non-pure English version (they all got English and Chinese version) nor too large. Anyway I have to find a suitable map before my director comes back from France.

Though Pang.song and I are in different function areas, I finally got a chance to be trained in SVES together with her. So, from Tuesday on, I started my four days' training in that manufactory. Cause it's so far away from where I live, I live in ZhuBing's home, he is my classmate who is also doing his intern in Pudong district, he rents a house near Century Park, only a room about ten square meters cost him over eight hundred Yuan, we sleep on the floor at night, each morning, I got up at about 7:20, arrived in the manufactory at 8:30, then have training till 4:30 in the afternoon, we actually get off the manufactory at about 4:10 to avoid the rush hour of railway.

Manufactory's quality manager Mr. Gong received us and gave us training in the next four days, the training was actually very simple, just read some materials about quality, told us some tips of audit, the most exciting and useful thing we did in that manufactory was looking around in the production lines, which gave me more concrete concepts of the product and production. During those four days, Song and I spent more of our time on observing the production lines, its high automation, quality control procedure and incident quick response deeply impressed me.

The whole work station was composed of two parts, starter area and alternator area, starter and alternator are the only two products of the manufactory. For alternator, there are sub areas like stator assemble line, yoke assemble line, rectifier assemble, stator finish line, regulator assemble and final assemble, we have all the parts and components supplied by our suppliers, the manufactory's role is just assembler. For starter, it's more or less the same. About half of all the lines are fully automated, just material input person and package or deliver person are needed, those advanced equipments are mainly bought from Germany and Japan, most worth more than millions of US dollars each. The real inner sight of the high efficiency and effective is the advanced quality control system. Every line, at each process, there is a control pc, setting parameters for different model products, it also has the function of monitoring, if anything goes wrong, the red light will flash, and the unfinished components will not be allowed to flow to the next process stage. Red box are required by every human operational process, if any defect occurs, it will be put into the box, for each line, they have a QRQC(Quick Response Quality Control) plate, if any defect happens, it will be defined and analyzed within 24 hours. QRQC is the essence of the quality culture of Valeo, all staff including operators and management members are required to have QRQC training after on board. Each production cell has to have QRQC meeting every day to solve problems if there are any.

We visited the warehouse when Friday, they keep about two days inventory according to JIT production rules, because Valeo is a assembler, to pursue high quality, its parts and components' quality have to be guaranteed by its suppliers at every stage of the whole supply chain, from production in suppliers place to logistics, to delivering from Valeo's warehouse to assemble line, to packaging to Valeo's customer, all the process need to be controlled perfectly to achieve high quality and efficiency.

 

 

 

Yesterday, I joined BBY's intern experience sharing party. Two rules said by Walden were remembered:

What do managers want?

1.       Deliver creative results.

2.       Harmony and good cooperation with colleagues.

No comments: